- Create an account with us
- Log in
- Choose the specific day and time you are after
- Secure your Float by Booking it in
- Please contact us on 03 8525 1881 and our friendly staff would be more then happy to assist you with booking your appointment over the phone.
- Eat a light meal 1.5 hours prior
- Remove your contact lenses
- Don’t shave or wax on the day
- Avoid caffeine, cigarettes or other stimulants
- Do not dye your hair with a water based dye
- Do not apply fake tan
- Remove any make up, cologne/perfume
- Arrive and check in 10 mins prior to your Float
- We’ll cover the basics and answer any questions
- Shower and remove all make-up, hair products etc
- Insert ear plugs
- Step into the Float Tank, you can chose to float with the lid closed or opened
- Music fades in the first 10 minutes and the last 5 minutes of your Float
- A voiceover will come on once your Float has concluded
- Turn on the lights and step out when you are ready
- Relax in our lounge area with a cup of tea and bask in your float experience
Focus on your breathing to distract you from your thoughts. Take slow, deep breaths through the nose, pause a few seconds and slowly exhale.
To experience full sensory deprivation, it is recommended that all lights are switched off. You do however have the option to leave lights on if you prefer.
The float pod is very spacious and the lid does not seal shut. Keeping the lid fully closed is recommended, however you have the option of leaving it slightly or completely open depending on your preference. Keeping the lid fully open may cause you to get cold during your float.
Make yourself comfortable. The two most common positions are;
- Arms at your side, palms down;
- Arms over-head with your palms up.
Play around to see which positions suits you best. To avoid bouncing from side to side, try to position your body in the centre of the float tank by bracing your arms and legs against the sides of the tank, once the water is still you can slowly and evenly retract your limbs back to the mid-line of your body. Once you are comfortable with your position, consciously relax your body, try to remain still and avoid generating momentum from either side.